“Oh but you need protein” trolololol
I’m not vegan or vegetarian but it’s always bothered me when people who eat meat would throw the “protein” line at vegans and vegetarians. Haven’t they ever seen a food pyramid? Beans (well…legumes) are part of the meat group. Beans also provide iron (learned that when I got hospitalized due to anemia).
Can we just talk about the brain-breaking fact that our culture-wide eating disorder has gotten to the point that it’s generally universally accepted that calories = bad and that having fewer calories indicates that a food is better?
Calories are energy.
That is what calories are.
The piece of meat provides more nutrition than the beans because it it gives your body more calories to do shit with, like building and powering cells.
This is not a moral imperative or a hierarchical premise; it is fact. In the event that your body is readily able to digest both (not the case for every body at every time) The meat, having more calories, provides more nutrition.
Having more calories does not make the meat the worse choice, which is what the above graphic and many graphics like it imply.
THANK YOU. Plus if you are poor and cooking you assure yourself and those you cook for more energy with the meat that is LESS labor intensive than the beans if the beans aren’t canned.
Not everyone is always on a diet
While black beans are not themselves one of the Big Eight food allergens, it is incredibly common for people to react to legumes in general if they react to one (like soy). Contrary to popular song, beans are not a magical fruit - and it doesn’t matter if those beans are cheaper if they make you sick.
3006 Notes/ Hide
- loba1129 likes this
- totallytastytoast reblogged this from my-own-superman
- simplydevinnn likes this
- arijuanna likes this
- groundupkev likes this
- poeticajustice reblogged this from hopetes
- poeticajustice likes this
- causeimagetsleazy likes this
- hopetes reblogged this from creestalbreeze
- flirtwithmesoicanignoreyou likes this
- sonicbloo likes this
- uberism reblogged this from my-own-superman and added:
- uberism likes this
- claireebearrr reblogged this from plasticpiranhas and added:
- wackapapaflame likes this
- tomorrow-without-her likes this
- mylifeinsonnets reblogged this from jheneaiko
- diggydre likes this
- curtis-ballard reblogged this from my-own-superman and added:
- randomtactics likes this
- my-own-superman reblogged this from cookcleantraindirty
- ashleyroseinc likes this
- gvj likes this
- 3sun2shine1 reblogged this from cookcleantraindirty
- my-own-superman likes this
- rashidmarocfit reblogged this from fit2motivate
- uniquesherin reblogged this from astridoak
- meaghansoles reblogged this from beauty-and-fitness
- meaghansoles likes this
- cenorth reblogged this from cookcleantraindirty
- cookcleantraindirty reblogged this from nevergiveup-keepfighting
- chai-spiced-dreams reblogged this from fruity--life
- rhaineboe likes this
- earth--eater likes this
- 00labellavita00 reblogged this from fruity--life
- 00labellavita00 likes this
- fruity--life reblogged this from invigorated-vegan
- soulostintheuiverse reblogged this from countingthewaystoyourheart
- countingthewaystoyourheart likes this
- eggplantintheskywithdiamonds reblogged this from invigorated-vegan
- marshdak likes this
- mign-onne likes this
- runjumpride likes this
- invigorated-vegan reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- thiskiddmcd likes this
- my-paradox reblogged this from thinmepretty110
- thinmepretty110 reblogged this from sweat-and-make-your-fat-cry