“Oh but you need protein” trolololol
I’m not vegan or vegetarian but it’s always bothered me when people who eat meat would throw the “protein” line at vegans and vegetarians. Haven’t they ever seen a food pyramid? Beans (well…legumes) are part of the meat group. Beans also provide iron (learned that when I got hospitalized due to anemia).
Can we just talk about the brain-breaking fact that our culture-wide eating disorder has gotten to the point that it’s generally universally accepted that calories = bad and that having fewer calories indicates that a food is better?
Calories are energy.
That is what calories are.
The piece of meat provides more nutrition than the beans because it it gives your body more calories to do shit with, like building and powering cells.
This is not a moral imperative or a hierarchical premise; it is fact. In the event that your body is readily able to digest both (not the case for every body at every time) The meat, having more calories, provides more nutrition.
Having more calories does not make the meat the worse choice, which is what the above graphic and many graphics like it imply.
THANK YOU. Plus if you are poor and cooking you assure yourself and those you cook for more energy with the meat that is LESS labor intensive than the beans if the beans aren’t canned.
Not everyone is always on a diet
While black beans are not themselves one of the Big Eight food allergens, it is incredibly common for people to react to legumes in general if they react to one (like soy). Contrary to popular song, beans are not a magical fruit - and it doesn’t matter if those beans are cheaper if they make you sick.
2791 Notes/ Hide
- aboutagirlnl likes this
- everythingwillcefai reblogged this from make-it-burrrn
- jscheids likes this
- godssong reblogged this from lookupcollection
- godssong likes this
- lookupcollection reblogged this from the-more-u-know
- pervylove likes this
- crystalica2015 reblogged this from binge-beater
- mohamedmostafa likes this
- binge-beater reblogged this from ibelieveingreatness
- dreamcess likes this
- br0-jobz reblogged this from ilikestrangersalot
- br0-jobz likes this
- sleepykltten likes this
- ilikestrangersalot reblogged this from proteinshakesnotcheesecakes
- quikrelease reblogged this from feeltheburnandsoreness
- daretotravel likes this
- feeltheburnandsoreness reblogged this from eathealthygethealthy
- laneyygrace reblogged this from make-it-burrrn
- plantbasedstace likes this
- secretsfromthecanaries reblogged this from whengirlztelephoneboiz
- secretsfromthecanaries likes this
- whengirlztelephoneboiz reblogged this from natalie-shen
- natalie-shen reblogged this from banankontakt
- kashwah reblogged this from fit2motivate
- 02181112 likes this
- skinnyminnie95 reblogged this from fitfreakemilybrianne
- kashwah likes this
- lovetofeelgood likes this
- fit2motivate reblogged this from vegan-sport
- fit2motivate likes this
- myfitnesstime reblogged this from thinhealthyandfit
- saidthesparrow-tothedove likes this
- saidthesparrow-tothedove reblogged this from wanting-to-be-healthy-for-me
- meanwhileinmydearworld reblogged this from sin-respeto
- sin-respeto reblogged this from ieatconcrete and added:
- mozaikdorka reblogged this from smoothiex
- imikeyirock likes this
- ibelonginthebeach likes this
- luvrr likes this
- monteretsain reblogged this from crave-life-and-adventure
- rachelll reblogged this from artsncrass
- tryandgetfit reblogged this from the-more-u-know
- livinghealthyx reblogged this from imholdingonevenifyouletgo
- jarvtimmen likes this
- myprimaljourney reblogged this from sameatschildren and added:
- sadiesummer likes this
- taylorpaigereynolds likes this
- beautinthedark likes this
- gettyb reblogged this from livelong-andprosper