What I am:
- against abortions because, my nineteen year old birth mother could have easily aborted me.
What I am not:
- against birth control
- against proper sex education
- against a woman having a safe abortion if her health or the well being of baby is at risk.
We’re not all insufferably closed-minded, but we have our beliefs just as you have yours.
CONGRATULATIONS. YOU ARE PRO-CHOICE.
Welcome to the movement.
You are in favor of someone having a safe abortion on the basis of health. You are pro-choice.
Pro-life means you oppose abortion under all circumstances with no exceptions. If you do not agree with that, you are pro-choice.
So, here’s a thing:
I am pro-choice BECAUSE I was adopted and my biological mother (post Roe v Wade) CHOSE not to abort me. I’m pretty self-interested when it comes to a whole lot of stuff, so I appreciate her choice. But I appreciate her CHOICE.
Her choice is only meaningful if it was, in fact, a choice and not a legally mandated intrusion into her uterus. Being adopted is a terrible reason to be pro-life - because it means you think your individual life is so important that everyone else should have to suffer on your behalf. I can appreciate the choice to carry a child to term and give it up for adoption but I cannot pretend that is anything other than a choice, in our current U.S. adoption system, that comes with an incredibly high price for all too many biological mothers who have no support network.
Apply your beliefs to YOU and your own choices.
122 Notes/ Hide
- beardedragonlover reblogged this from meggin
- feminist-tess reblogged this from shrieking-violet
- shrieking-violet reblogged this from therotund
- chrysilla likes this
- tessaracked reblogged this from madamethursday
- kai-art likes this
- confectionerection likes this
- lovesolucky reblogged this from chelshock
- veroneuroprismacolor reblogged this from madamethursday
- chelshock reblogged this from rabbleprochoice
- bookishbutcorruptible likes this
- kayleeismysoulowl reblogged this from madamethursday and added:
- kayleeismysoulowl likes this
- maggiemunkee reblogged this from therotund
- connies3dmg reblogged this from teupin
- pro--choice reblogged this from rabbleprochoice
- teupin likes this
- asturdivant likes this
- ilikedirrt reblogged this from stfuprolifers and added:
- sarahtude likes this
- amyunicorn001 reblogged this from utterlyfubar
- amyunicorn001 likes this
- darthpickles likes this
- deep-sea-siren reblogged this from rabbleprochoice
- gropingyourmuse likes this
- gropingyourmuse reblogged this from therotund
- utterlyfubar reblogged this from therotund and added:
- flobotics likes this
- chimericaloutlier likes this
- fatbodypolitics likes this
- cand86 reblogged this from madamethursday and added:
- madamethursday reblogged this from therotund and added:
- lemedy reblogged this from therotund
- fat-child-in-the-city reblogged this from therotund and added:
- shrieking-violet likes this
- angelsscream reblogged this from therotund
- thestoutorialist likes this
- therotund reblogged this from drst and added:
- sarahuebscher reblogged this from rabbleprochoice
- drst reblogged this from rabbleprochoice and added:
- solitarelee reblogged this from rosemel92 and added:
- grammarmancer reblogged this from campdracula5eva and added:
- glorianas reblogged this from rabbleprochoice
- antisemitic likes this
- zombietches likes this
- capricioussunflowers reblogged this from rosemel92 and added:
- howling-banshee reblogged this from formerhuntress
- formerhuntress reblogged this from joyfulldreams and added: