UMF Being bad looks really good right now
they don’t look half bad but um… Scar was a black lion, just sayin’
ursela was thicker than that
Here’s Ursula’s reaction to that thin imposter:
And yeah, I seem to remember Scar being a lion in Africa—idk how that translates to “a white European guy”
I don’t know how “lion in Africa” translates into ELF. He looks like an illustration in a table-top role-playing game sourcebook from White Wolf.
Which, I mean, that’s cool and all but I feel like there are some severe missed opportunities here. I mean, Jafar is looking pretty pale, too.
Hook looks good. And Hades. He looks like he’s all “Hey, ‘sup?”
But Ursula. Ugh. Yes, fine, whatevs, it’s not a bad illustration. But it’s entirely unrelated to Ursula. Ursula was a) not thin b) not conventionally beautiful and c) not all that youthful.
Ursula doesn’t even have particular beef with Ariel. Mermaid princess, whatever, whatever - Ariel is a tool of Ursula’s revenge against King Triton. Ursula is King Triton’s age.
Yeahh, why the hell is scar a white elf? Ummm what?
why is everyone bashing these beautiful paintings?? were you the artist? do you know what they were trying to portray with these portraits? do you understand the term ‘artistic freedom’? no? then shut up.
Hi, 17-year-old Juliet who is “on a journey to be thin”. It sounds like we have a big ol’ fundamental difference of opinion right there, what with my belief that all bodies are worthy bodies (and, you know, attractive). But, that aside, I assure you that I do indeed know what “artistic freedom” means.
And I will most assuredly NOT shut up.
Juliet, let me tell you in a friendly fashion: there’s this trend toward making characters of color look like white folks. That’s actually hella racist. I get that the artist might not have INTENDED it to be racist, I really do. But that doesn’t change the outcome.
There’s this concept called the Intentional Fallacy. This isn’t a lit theory survey course, so I’m not going to ask if you know what that is and then try to insult you if you don’t. I’m just going to explain that it means intent doesn’t matter because the author or artist or whoever created a thing isn’t there to explain it to each and every person who reads or views or whatever the creation.
That means our creations have to stand on their own.
That means if a person makes a black lion from Africa into a white Elf from a World of Darkness sourcebook, people are probably going to have some questions about why that was done. It’s not an obvious choice - unless you take into account racism.
Also, let’s talking about “bashing” - which is generally synonymous with trashing, bad talking, dissing, and otherwise saying something is shit.
No one has actually done that. In fact, the reason I mentioned my issues with the pieces is because they are very well executed. A thing does not have to be poorly done to have some problems.
I understand artistic freedom, Juliet. Do you understand art critique?
46010 Notes/ Hide
- wibbly-wobbly-imagination likes this
- dolewhips-in-paradise-falls reblogged this from thisismydisneyblog
- lidslovessnape likes this
- slutty4pizza reblogged this from chocletymilkpls
- translucidd likes this
- shizayalove1232 likes this
- darkdancercrys likes this
- loveless3173 reblogged this from lokikoliok
- lithiumnightmares likes this
- creativecuttlefish reblogged this from trinity-vayne
- creativecuttlefish likes this
- nefrez likes this
- vesperan reblogged this from trinity-vayne
- trinity-vayne reblogged this from kit2016
- kit2016 reblogged this from sewsllim
- lurkal reblogged this from chocletymilkpls
- artistvision6 likes this
- kasey-jean likes this
- professor-carrot reblogged this from miss-superluv
- professor-carrot likes this
- bvbprincess97 reblogged this from miss-superluv and added:
- war-boy reblogged this from akiraamane
- hanaknight reblogged this from the-poptart-princess
- hanaknight likes this
- jennybea123 reblogged this from miss-superluv
- the-poptart-princess reblogged this from thisismydisneyblog
- ididntreallywantatumblr reblogged this from sewsllim
- akiraamane reblogged this from thisismydisneyblog
- akiraamane likes this
- slipsofthetongue reblogged this from thisismydisneyblog
- penguinabominations likes this
- a-kingdom-of-procrastination reblogged this from miss-superluv
- miss-superluv reblogged this from thisismydisneyblog
- thisismydisneyblog likes this
- thisismydisneyblog reblogged this from bekahlicous
- vividsonderr likes this
- bekahlicous reblogged this from sewsllim
- wispsofthoseforgotten reblogged this from sewsllim
- pikabeat likes this
- renrandom reblogged this from sewsllim
- theintrospectionspecialist reblogged this from sewsllim
- theintrospectionspecialist likes this
- awolfstudio likes this
- doe-petal likes this
- unholycat likes this
- sewsllim reblogged this from leavemetomyowndevices
- kamikazewarbat reblogged this from ardnaxelaybur
- ardnaxelaybur reblogged this from thisshippingisgettingoutofhand
- queerskittles reblogged this from leavemetomyowndevices
- aopanda reblogged this from dregmann